Wednesday, February 7, 2018

So much to read, so many games I want to run....

So, over the holidays I went a bit of shopping spree for OSR material and books. Some items that I had been wanting for a while and some I just ran across and impulsed bought. With my campaign group on a bit of hiatus for the next couple of weeks while one of our members welcomes his 3rd child into the world, I'm hoping to get through most of it.

On the list are the following:
- Finish up reading Stonehell and the second book for the deeper levels (really loving this megadungeon by the way).
- Read the second book to ASE 2-3 megadungeon.
- Veins of the Earth: man I was shocked at the size of this tome, but reviews are fantastic and I have loved everything from Patrick Stuart.
- Fever dreaming Marlinko and Slumbering Ursine Dune. I've skimmed through both of these and I'm a fan. Want to read through all the way.
- Demonspore and Tomb of the Iron God by Matthew Finch.
- Finally I picked up Hubris and Peril on the Purple Planet from DCC, these really scratch from gonzo itch of late.

So that will keep me pretty busy for a while. I'm trying to decide if I want to work up a custom campaign world for the next campaign or run a megadungeon (and which one?!?!). Sometimes as if I get ahead myself as DM, always looking to the next thing, even though I love the campaign I'm currently running (Keep on the Borderlands) and I plan to insert some gonzo into that campaign in the form of Broodmother Skyfortress soon.

Anyways, if you have any suggestions for some other new release OSR material or favorite megadungeons, feel free to comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent posts.

My favorite D&D media